Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome 2010!

New Years Eve 2009 was super chill and exactly what I needed this year. Last year I went all out. 2 girlfriends and myself did an all-you-can-drink deal at a local bar. Needless to say, we got WASTED. From what I remember it was fun. I fell on my ass and bruised my tailbone which was of no consequence a the time but the next morning did not serve me well. I was pretty pissed off when my drunken stupor cleared and I realized that my drunk friend drove us home instead of the cab we all agreed to. I spent New Years Day 2009 on the couch eating mashed potatoes (all-time best hangover food) and watching old classic movies. It wasn't horrible but this year definitely topped it.
I went to my BFF's parents house as planned. There was lots of food, family and fun. My sister did not make it due to illness but her wife came to see everyone and enjoy in the festivities with us. My dad and his wife were no shows. Big shock there. Mom and her sister came but no step dad. I wasn't broken up about that either. We had adults (45 and up) upstairs while the kids (40 and under) took over the basement. We had a fire and all just sat around catching up. Manda and I have been friends for 30 years so our friends all know each other and enjoy getting together when we can to all reconnect.
Here is me and Dawn at her house prior to going to the party. We forget to take our photo so much anymore I wanted to capture one early to be sure. Good thing. It is the only one of just the 2 of us!
Here is D again in front of the family Christamas tree downstairs in the "kids" area.
Sarah and Oliver having all kinds of pee-a-boo fun with Manda's leg.
Manda, Oliver and David
Dawn, Sarah, me and Manda. This is the first of it's kind in a while but I have 15 years worth of poses just like this!
Dawn, Sarah, me, Manda and Jen (my sister-in-law)
Old Roomies!
Jake and Dawn
The family building a ginger bread house on New Years Day. Manda's mom, niece and brother.
Little Ollie with his favorite hat on. He LOVES hats and I love that he isn't fazed by his cousin's pink bike with the baby seat on back. (He secretly wanted someone to ride with him. He even patted the seat to invite us all aboard!)
Family photo: David, Oliver, Poppi, Manda and Nonnie. Too stinkin' cute.
I spent most of New Years Day with Manda and Oliver. I also went by last night to say farewell and ended up playing dominos until 9pm. Manda and Co. have been on the road since mid December between David's parents in Georgia and all of us here. I am sure they are ready to get home to their mountain oasis but we are sure going to miss them. Oliver learned my name this trip. I am not going to lie, I melted the first time he said it. I also taught him to say "real" and "got it" which were new words to him so that was pretty exciting stuff. Next time we meet on their turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment