Monday, January 25, 2010

My humble abode

UPDATE: My secret lair is complete! Last Friday my old roomie and I were finally able to pick up my new (to me) furniture donated by my friends, Joe and Laura. Ferg (my new roomie) is a HUGE sports fan. As we are from the STL the decor is mostly Cardinals memorabilia. I have spared you most of that by cutting off the hung pictures. I am not at all a sports fan. Although I am better with looking at memorabilia than I am actually watching sports. So here is my couch and loveseat all in place. I bought the hope chest that is serving as a coffee table on Craig's List back when I was living with CL. I am thinking about actually having glass cut to fit it and making it a real-deal coffee table, complete with inside storage.
Ferg is also a Bills fan. As you can see it looks like pro sports threw up in my livingroom but it is the price you pay for living with a single man, I guess. Check out the Cardinals bobble heads in the window. That is a bar that you see. We don't use it but it looks nice! The rocking chair is an old family heirloom that I love. The blanket on the floor is Bo's make shift bed for when we chill in the living room. The bookshelf is obviously mine...boys don't read, do they?
I took this one from behind the bar. The door on the right is the laundry room. The doorway on the left goes into the hall that takes you to my bathroom and bedroom. I am so happy with how this has all turned out. Now I have a full house of furniture for when I get my own place! Special shout out again to Joe and Laura who have donated most of my recently aquired goods!
_______________________________________________________________
I am finally settled into my new digs. I wanted to post some pictures as a way to document for myself and to let you all see where I live now.

This is my bedroom entrance. It is reallly dark in my lair so my plants are positioned infront of my door as too catch the sun from the upstairs sliding door that is directly across from them. I love the look of the leaves draped over the doorway too. It helps to not get my plant trampled by dogs and kids!
This is my bed complete with the new Goodwill comforter I bought a few weeks ago.
That is my incense fogging things up. I just got the Christmas lights up this weekend. They add a nice glow to the room.
To the left is my clothing armoire, a built in mirror and my jewelery armoire (with the doily-thingy on it). Oh, and Jasper, my bear table that holds my lava lamp. Plus Bo-Bo's cushy bed!
I stood next to my armoire to take this. I have a TV stand, TV and such at the foot of my bed.
I was sitting on the bed to shoot this. The dresser behind the door fits perfectly. It was in the room when I moved in and I needed the storage so Ferg said I could use it. I love how Marilyn is reflecting on the wall because her background is a mirror. The door to the left is my closet. More incense fog from the incense bottle burner on the dresser.
The armoire wall has a built-in mirror with a bulletin board on both ends. I covered up one side with my armoire but you get the point.
This is my hallway bath (it is long and skinny). Art work courtesy of Laura. Oh and the rug too. Thanks to Laura and Joe!
Shower and storage to the right when you walk in.
Toilet and more storage to the left. I stood in the shower to take this. It's a real small space.
I love the storage next to the toilet. It worked perfectly for my little plastic organizers. Wooden toothbrush holder and cup also courtesy of Joe and Laura!
I didn't photograph the living room as it is not to my liking yet. Joe and Laura are also gifting me their spare set of livingroom furniture from their basement. I need to round up 2 men and a truck to pick that up and then I will introduce the livingroom.

In the meantime, I did take a few shots of Bo yesterday as well. Why the long face here? He is getting so grey and with his ears back like that he looks like a scaredy dog.
I layed on the floor to take this shot. He looks utterly bored with me.
That is our humble abode. So far, so good. I am working at accumulating the things that I don't have for when I get my own place. Slowly but surely it is coming together!

2 comments:

  1. You have a BED!! I'll trade you my living room furniture for your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Dana! You do have some nice furniture. I saw the video. Things will come together soon for us both. I am sure of it!

    ReplyDelete