Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Way Back Wednesday...Michael addition


It seems only fitting that this week's edition of Way Back Wednesday be a tribute to the King of Pop. I must admit that Michael started doing his thing long before I was a twinkle in my daddy's eye. My sister had a few posters in her childhood room of Michael. My father was not very pleased. He didn't feel like Michael was a true musician. In his opinion an artist can't be judged for their musical talent until they have been around for 20 years or more. Obviously, Michael, Prince and Madonna were only about 20 years old at the time, rendering that feat completely impossible. I think that with 20+ years to judge we can safely say that Michael was, is and always will be an icon, an idol and an inspiration to many.

I never believed in the molestation rumors that wouldn't died. Still after all that this man accomplished in his life, all of the people he helped; people insist on focusing on accusations and negative press. I think Michael lost his own childhood and he never wanted another child to experience that feeling. He befriended child stars such as Brooke Shields, Corey Feldman and MacCaulay Culkin BECAUSE he identified with their loss of normalcy. Obviously I have a lot of love in my heart for the gloved one. I feel like he led a very difficult life, one that could probably only be compared to Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and the Beatles. That kind of fame/celebrity takes it's toll. Look at Britney and Lindsay...hell, those bitches aren't even that famous. So here is to Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) and the many past and future memories rockin' to his beats.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe he's dead! He was just planning to start on that huge tour in London... it's just crazy... maybe he faked his death... like Elvis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some MJ too. I don't know how many times since he died that I have used the phrase "he was just misunderstood." Glad to know there is someone else in my corner!

    ReplyDelete