Sunday, May 2, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?

Not that I can recall. I usually purposely get lost in a new place so I am forced to find my way back. Somehow that helps me remember the way a bit better. The first time I missed the last downtown St. Louis exit and ended up in East St. Louis, Illinois I did freak out, cry and call my dad but I was in high school.

2. Have you ever been to an island?

When I was in the first grade we went to California and took a bottomless boat to Catalina Island. It stormed, causing high seas, and I will certainly never forget it. There was an island at Trout Lodge where we used to camp when I was a kid. Manda and I used to love going over there by ourselves.


3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?

I think I am equal parts of both. I analyze everything thoroughly but my heart rules most of the time because I do feel very deeply.

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?

Almost always grey. I can see both sides of most things. I am very passionate about certain causes though and sometimes the only explaination for some peoples opinions is stupidity. Seeing grey is really helping in my debate class!

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)


Roots. It is a long book and there is much to miss on your first few reads. I would have never even considered the Bible, honestly.

6. What are you most afraid of?

A painful death, rape and not fulfilling my potential. Being alone forever.

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

I would rather die than do either of these. My past made me into who I am and my future will overcome it all.

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?

My dog because he is my main man.
All of my friends because they are my best memories
My family because they are a huge part of me


9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)

I will run away to get married. I hate the idea of a big hoopla. I think you waste so much time planning for 1 night. You have to invite people you never see which takes time away from those that you want to see. I am not that girl who dreamed of her wedding day. I don’t need a dress, I don’t need a church, all I need is a loving partner and an exotic beach location.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.

Forgiveness releases the person who is doing the forgiving from the one who has wronged them. To forgive is to save yourself. The other person more than likely could care less.

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?

I try to bring a book but I usually forget.

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?

I would hope she has my passion and fire for life. Perhaps the “other” me could not take things so personally all of the time and has a better idea of knowing when to say enough is enough and walk away.


1 comment:

  1. If I ever get married it will be in Vegas. And Elvis will perform the ceremony with Dean Martin as my best man and Marilyn Monroe as the maid of honor. Class all the way baby. ;-)

    ReplyDelete